Boost your Grades with us today!
Come to Essay For All and get the best and top-quality social science assignment help services at pocket-friendly rates. Social science is a discipline that seeks to explore social relationships in society. Social science is a broad field with various disciplines, such as sociology, psychology, political science, economics, and anthropology, aiming to understand human institutions, interactions, and behavior.
Social scientists focus on studying the functioning of societies while also exploring things that result in happiness among people. Any misunderstanding of the uniqueness of people and diverse social groups within society can result in increased conflicts and misunderstandings.
The inability to resolve some social issues within communities can also make society an undesirable place to live. However, social science tries to gain an enhanced understanding of human society and ensure positive human interactions and behavior.
A brief history of social sciences
Generally, the development of social sciences is associated with the enlightenment age. The enlightenment age prioritized the understanding that reason is the primary source of authority and legitimacy. It had its origin in Europe in the eighteenth century. As a result, it stressed various ideals like:
Share your Paper Instructions
At Affordable Fee, Plag-Free and Wthin Your Deadline
- Constitutional governments
- Separation of church and state
- Liberty, etc.
The enlightenment age also promoted scientific and reductionism strategies. Previously, religion was the leading tool to explain the different happenings within society. However, the enlightenment age challenged and questioned religion. In addition, the primary ideas championed by modern-day democracies, like separation of powers, civil society, etc., are products of the enlightenment era. Additionally, academic disciplines, including social sciences, emerged during the period.
These disciplines were rooted in empirical methods, unlike the orthodoxy used in the past years. Social sciences prioritize inquiry into social phenomena, including human society. Understanding that social sciences prioritized human society and behavior is also imperative. So, the human was the focus. Therefore, an inquiry into the various happenings in human society led to the emergence of social sciences. For more information, contact our best custom writers at Essay For All.
Various branches of social science
Philosophy studies the basic ideas about knowledge, right and wrong, reasoning, and the value of things. Consequently, philosophy also seeks to understand the fundamental issues about knowledge and other pertinent factors touching on human lives. Secondly, philosophy helps you understand some basics of the general truth.
It also looks at the issues about the good life, truth, realities, and other factors affecting human life. Equally important, philosophy also studies fundamental problems affecting human beings and societies. Hence, people rely on philosophy to answer some fundamental questions about human life. The essential branches covered under philosophy include:
- Logic: It is a branch of philosophy dealing with the applicable principles of philosophical reasoning. Logic applies in different fields. As a result, it is a fundamental philosophical skill
- The second branch of philosophy is ethics. Generally, ethics deals with ascertaining what is right or wrong. So, this aspect of philosophy emphasizes the moral principles governing a person’s behavior in different setups. For instance, societies have norms outlining their engagement in different activities and interactions. Similarly, every profession has specific ethical requirements guiding how the staff operates
- Epistemology is the third branch of philosophy. Accordingly, epistemology is the theory of knowledge. Consequently, most people consider it the theory of knowledge. It examines how a person’s mind relates to reality. Do you need assistance with your coursework? If so, Essay For All has outstanding social science assignment experts to assist you in completing your pending tasks
- Metaphysics: Another crucial branch of philosophy is metaphysics. The term “metaphysics” was derived from a Greek term implying an idea, doctrine, or posited reality beyond the human sense of perception. Thus, it encompasses studying what cannot be attained through the objective study of material reality. Contact us now for quality services at nominal rates
Social psychology qualifies as a social science based on its focus on understanding human behaviors, feelings, and thoughts. Social psychologists explore aspects such as social influence. In this case, they inspect how other people’s presence and contribution to opinions and actions affect others. People can also thrive in groups which also affect their overall behavior.
Hence, social psychologists and social scientists study people’s behavior while operating in groups. Social scientists who major in social psychology also examine the concept of self-concept and social identity. In this case, they explore how a person perceives oneself compared to diverse social groups and the overall impact of self-perception on behavior and self-esteem.
In society, multiple areas are affected by social psychology, including politics, business, public health, marketing, and education. For profound insights, seek our online social science assignment help.
Sociologists play a crucial role in understanding the functioning of human society, the existing social structures, and people’s social behavior. It also investigates the interconnectivity and the interactions of various social systems, such as institutions, communities, and social groups.
The discipline helps social scientists in policy formulations, addressing the challenges affecting people in the social context and developing appropriate social interventions. Sociology can be managed from the perspective of gender and sexuality by discussing people’s experiences, expectations, and roles depending on their sexual orientation and gender.
The advancement of technology has resulted in globalization. People from any part of the world can interact with each other without perceiving any physical barrier. Sociologists also explore how globalization has affected people, cultures, economies, and societies.
Political structures in society help people to lead themselves with order. Only some people can lead a given group of people once appointed. Besides, not everybody can be a leader. Political science studies the political behavior, government, politics, and political structures across societies. The discipline also explores decision-making processes in the existing political systems, power distribution, and decision-making processes.
Political science is a broad discipline covering many topics and political aspects of life. It is not bound the local politics but extends to include international relations. Under international relations, political scientists focus on global issues, international organizations, and relationships between countries. Hence, the field studies global governance, human rights, international law, and diplomacy.
Political science also addresses comparative politics. Politics varies from one country to another. Hence, political science may sometimes compare the political processes, systems, and institutions of different countries. For any professional guidance, contact our social science assignment help tutors.
Therefore, it encourages political action. Equally important, it deals with theories and practices of government, political activities, and political behavior. The primary sub-disciplines of political science include:
- Political theory: Accordingly, this political science field studies political thought history. In addition, it examines the underlying challenges within modern-day political life with a philosophical dimension. The essential concepts covered under political theory include democracy, oppression, rights, etc. At Essay For All, we guarantee top-notch social science assignment help & answers whenever you feel stranded with your coursework
- Public law and administration: Every country or government has an administrative system. Thus, public law and administration focus on different legal institutions, constituting the administrative system of a state
- Comparative politics: Comparative politics is another crucial sub-division of political science. As the term suggests, it seeks to identify and understand the global similarities and differences among the different political systems. The father of comparative politics is Aristotle. Our social science assignment help service has your back whenever you need help
- International relations: The final sub-field of political science is international relations. Generally, it studies the relations of states with each other and with other international organizations.
Archaeology is a social science because it reveals information about the human past before the invention of writing. Accordingly, archaeologists use fossils obtained through excavation in particular areas to understand the ancient human culture, social life, economic activities, religious activities, etc. In most cases, archaeologists undertake excavation excises in regions believed to be the early man’s inhabitants.
For example, East Africa was considered the original home of the ancient human species. Scholars applaud archaeology as the source of information about the human past because it gives a complete picture of the human experience.
Our professional tutors reiterate that archaeology studies human activity by recovering and analyzing material culture. Essay For All has credible social science assignment help writers to help you whenever you feel overwhelmed or stranded. You can order your assignment here.
Social scientists are also interested in understanding how people and societies use the available resources to meet their needs. Economics is approached from different perspectives, such as through its branches which include international, public, macro, micro, and environmental economics, behavioral economics and developmental economics.
Increased competition for the available resources within a community can result in wars and conflicts. However, economists intervene to understand resource allocation and policies to govern resource allocation and distribution among people.
Generally, economics studies the ownership, use, and exchange of scarce resources. It is classified as a social science because it relies on scientific methods to build theories to explain individual, group, and organizational behavior. As a result, most people consider economics a social science because it uses the scientific method to study various aspects of human behavior. We have micro and macro-economics:
- Microeconomics focuses on economic activities at the individual or household level. The primary investigation areas include the demand of supply of goods and services that households or individuals need. It also stresses price theories, costing, game theory, monopoly, etc. The good news is that we have social science assignment help experts to help you write the best custom paper for your teachers.
- The second level of analysis is the macro level. Accordingly, this phase of economic analysis has a broader scope since it deals with the economy as a whole. It also examines the large-scale factors central to the success or growth of any economy globally. Currently, most countries are dealing with widespread issues like global inflation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Furthermore, it looks at issues, such as unemployment, which has been alarming in various countries, especially the developing ones. Equally important, students pursuing these courses must write social science assignments. This is where we come in.
Anthropology also revolves around human societies. It studies human cultures and communities and also their growth over time. The main interest of anthropologists is to understand human behavior and diversity using wide-ranging scientific approaches. Deployment of the methods helps them understand the interaction of people within their environment while exploring their languages, cultural practices, beliefs, and social structures.
Anthropology is a comprehensive domain with multiple branches therein. Some of the sub-branches of anthropology are applied anthropology, archaeology, linguistic anthropology, and physical and cultural anthropology. Humanity comprises a vibrant culture with different ways of life. In this case, anthropology helps people to understand humankind and various aspects concerning people.
In social science, criminology studies criminal behavior and crime based on knowledge from multiple disciplines, such as anthropology, statistics, economics, and psychology. With the ever-rising incidences of crime in society, criminology seeks to understand the triggers of criminal behavior among people while assessing the trends and the community response to criminal behavior.
The possible motivating factors for criminal behavior among people include peer influence, genetics, ruined parental relations, and drug influence, among others. Classical theory and positivism theory helps in enhancing the understanding of criminology. Criminal offenders cannot go unpunished since the practice is immoral, unlawful, and unethical.
Hence, the criminal justice system comprising rehabilitation programs, correctional institutions, courts, and law enforcement personnel exists to ensure the handling of offenders lawfully. Minors convicted of criminal charges also have a place in the criminal justice system set aside for juveniles.
Administration of varied punishments and subjection to rehabilitation programs help to encourage the development of positive behavior among offenders. Criminologists may recommend restorative justice, parole, probation, or incarceration, depending on the extent of the misconduct.
Sociology is a social science discipline that emphasizes human societies by examining their interactions and processes that preserve and change them. As a result, sociology relies on the constituent parts of societies, like institutions, communities, gender, racial groups, etc., to understand society. Equally important, sociology is a social science that uses research to understand the various facets of human behavior and thought.
In addition, sociology uses scientific approaches to understand the different societal aspects that sociologists study. Like other social sciences, the core concern of sociology is generalization. Hence, this specialization is critical in understanding various dynamics within our modern-day society.
Do you need help with your sociology assignments? If so, then our social science homework experts have you sorted. Our website has top-notch writers to help you excel in your coursework. So, you can trust us based on our consistency in delivering impeccable qualities.
History is a branch of social sciences focusing on studying the human past. Accordingly, history studies various events related to the human past. According to our social science assignment helpers, it is a body of knowledge about the past produced by historians, incorporating everything involved in producing, communicating, and teaching that knowledge. It also involves studying events, people, myths, memories, places, etc. However, it is also good to note that history has diversified areas. Some of these areas include:
- Social history is a social science field focusing on society and how individuals relate and interact. Thus, it examines individuals and groups living in a particular society to understand their way of life, customs, etc.
- The second branch of history is military history: Generally, military history also refers to the history of wars and military campaigns. Over the years, the military has remained pivotal in understanding the various aspects of our society. Whenever you are stuck with your coursework, it will help if you seek social science assignment help offered by our experts at Essay For All.
- Political history: This is another crucial branch of history. Primarily, it examines the political changes that have taken place within our societies over a given period. Thus, it resonates with history’s primary theme of understanding society’s past to know the changes that have occurred over the years.
- Economic history: History studies society’s past events. However, this cannot be complete if we fail to understand the economic history of a society. As a result, this history branch emphasizes the production processes’ changes. If you need professional guidance, our online social science assignment helpers have your back.
- History of ideas. The final sub-field of history is the history of ideas. Generally, it focuses on the prevalent thought processes defining the collective psyche.
Importance of social science
The interactions of human beings are very complex. Varied beliefs, values, and attitudes among people result in mixed human behaviors and interactions. Hence, it is essential to have a basic and also profound understanding of how people thrive. Among the importance of social science is promoting an enhanced understanding of people’s behavior.
In this case, social scientists explore the effect of economic incentives, psychological processes, social influences, and cultural norms on human actions. Social science as a discipline has also helped enhance social justice. There are multiple forms of social injustices and disparities in society. Awareness of the challenges enables social scientists to fight for the rights of marginalized communities by encouraging equality and fairness.
People confront wide-ranging social issues related to healthcare, education, crime, inequality, and poverty. Social scientists explore the causes of the problems and develop mechanisms for addressing them. For in-depth insights on the importance of social science, contact our social science assignment help tutors.
History of social science
Social science has a long history that traces back to the ancient Greeks. It started before the 5th century with ancient philosophers and societies. The period features ancient civilizations like China, Greece, Egypt, and Mesopotamia, which discussed facts about the nature of people, justice in society, and also social organizations.
Some philosophers who contributed to the discipline during the time include Aristotle, Plato, and Confucius. Generally, the Enlightenment period is highly associated with the wake of social science.
Between the 17th and 18th centuries, there was the emergence of modern social sciences. Scholars such as John Locke and Thomas Hobbes have made significant contributions to the discipline by focusing on social contracts, individual rights, and political authority.
Later on in the 19th century was the emergence of early sociology. In this case, Auguste Comte was known for proposing the importance of scientific approaches in studying people. The discipline kept expanding, whereby between the 18th and 19th centuries, more sociology topics were investigated by the sociologists of the time, such as Adam smith. Other achievements in the discipline during the 19th century include Marxism and social theory, positivism and empirical research, psychology and behaviorism, and modern developments witnessed in society.
The father of social science
Social science comprises multiple disciplines. Hence, numerous people are associated with the development of the field. The profession evolved over many centuries and thus grew with the contribution of different scholars. Some of the outstanding founders of the discipline include Auguste Comte, who existed between 1798 and 1858.
Comte developed the term sociology and insisted on deploying scientific approaches in studying society. For instance, social scientists or sociologists can use empirical analysis and observation to understand humanity. Between 1723 and 1790, Adam Smith also, through his book ‘the wealth of Nations’, developed the concept of modern economics.
Karl Marx is also associated with the growth of social sciences based on his ideas of historical materialism, capitalism and class struggle. Emile Durkheim emerged between 1858 and 1917, exploring the importance of social institutions in shaping people’s behavior. Other scholars with noteworthy contributions to social science are Max Weber and Sigmund Freud.
Why Choose Us: Social Science Assignment Help
Essay For All is among the leading online platforms with high-quality social science homework help services. We have a well-packed team of experts with profound knowledge in the various disciplines under the social science category. We are ready at your service for any professional assistance in the area. Get professional services at affordable rates with a guarantee of improved academic performance.